Every year at this time many of us make personal New Year’s Resolutions that we try to keep until the year is out, or for along as possible to improve ourselves and our lives! But how many of us set professional ones?
As a fully integrated Marketing Agency looking after the PR, Digital Marketing and Creative needs of our clients we thought that this year we would choose our top 5 resolutions that would benefit our customers now, and in the future. So here we go…
1. Create more great content – Coming up with fresh ideas for content is always a challenge. What should we write about next? What format will achieve the best results, attract the most readers and encourage them to come back? What subjects are most popular online? The key to this is to make it a habit to check out the main trends in our clients’ industries work in, and to find out what is top of their minds.
We’re going to block out an hour or two each week keep up to date with latest industry trends. This will help us to continue creating interesting and relevant blog posts, web copy and press releases for customers and our own promotional activity.
2. Become (a lot) more social! – Great content needs to be promoted and social media is a great way to do just that! We of course get the word out via Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Google+ but When you’re busy with client work it can be difficult to do this for yourself!
We’re going to dedicate more time to finding useful and innovative ways to share content each month and spend more time reading, sharing, liking and providing feedback to others.
3. Attend more online webinars and events – The day-to-day pressures of life and work these days demand more time, energy and resources than ever before. But we all know that in order to improve ourselves and our work, we need to make more of the education opportunities that comes our way.
So this year we are resolve to attend more online webinars, seminars, training sessions and events. It will take time and effort but it will be worth it!
4. Focus on Mobile – With the use of smartphone and tablets increasing daily as more and more consumers conduct transactions, research brands, visit their favourite websites and read and reply to emails – it is more important than ever this year that our customers’ digital campaigns and activity are focussed on mobile.
In 2015 we’re going to make a point of publishing material more on digital and mobile best practice and also targeting campaigns specifically for this medium.
5. Go to the gym at least 5 times a week, drink less than 5 alcoholic drinks weekly and eat 5 pieces of fruit and veg every day! – Maybe……
We’re hoping 2015 is going to be a great year for all of our clients and we hope it will be for you too!